Wednesday 9 February 2011

10. Two Door Cinema Club - Something Good Can Work



I must say now, I am not Two Door Cinema’s biggest fan. There’s something about them that for some reason, I always resort back to the Kaiser Chiefs. I don’t know why, but they kind of give off that sense of na na na na na, if you know what I mean. Anyway, that’s not to say that I think everything they’ve done is awful, proof being of this song’s entry into the top 10 of my countdown. This is a great summer anthem. Short, sweet and almost euphoric in itself, with a wonderful vocal rhythm, this makes it almost impossible not to sing along, no matter how much you don’t want to. It’s a song that gives TDCC a inkling of hope in my eyes, that they could grace a higher range of popularity, especially giving their roof raising performance at Reading festival this year which had the crowd screaming for them before they’d even set foot on stage and that is a sense of popularity which doesn’t hang around Hard Fi or the Kaiser Chiefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment