Wednesday 9 February 2011

9. Count & Sinden Feat Mystery Jets - After Dark



I was aimlessly browsing the endless stream of music channels on television one night, when I happened to stumble across this song. Wondering who the other guys in the video were I was intrigued to find out more. Needless to say I’m glad I did. This most definitely soundtrack many a party, night out and long car journey throughout the country. Brilliantly, it never really loses a sense of being a mystery jets song so to speak, it feels as though it would be perfectly comfortable on their new album which is an achievement to count and sinden, who never pull mystery jets out of their comfort zone. The song itself echoes the themes of many mystery jets songs which is again, adolescent love but with a theme of maturity “we’ve never had a heart to heart but you still call me up after dark’ is the unforgettable chorus which rings so true for many teenagers. The beat itself crosses a Caribbean feeling, crossing the familiar mystery jets song with that of a softer friendly fires sound. It couldn’t have been anything but a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment